Irish Association of Spain General Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Irish Association of Spain (“Irish Association”) (or a third party on Irish Association’s behalf).
- By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information & rules”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- Irish Association may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all supporters and members of The Irish association of Spain. Irish association reserves the right to select an alternative winner if a prize has not been claimed with 7 days of the draw taking place. Entrants under the age of 16 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering. Irish association reserve the right to change the name on the prize to the parent or guardian. The competitions are open to all including volunteers and officers of Irish Association and their collaborating partners.
- Companies sharing common directors or officers with Irish Association;
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
- Where an entrant requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be entered onto the entry forms, Irish association may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may enter the competition in the name of a friend or partner for use as a gift or surprise.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and Irish Association’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information.
- Neither Irish Association nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Irish Association or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Irish Association will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition the decision of Irish Association shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Irish Association will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Irish Association decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Irish Association reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. Irish Association reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
- Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Irish Association or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
- Should more prizes be claimed than are available for any reason, a simple prize draw will take place for the available prize(s).
- Irish association will attempt to notify the winner within 7 days after the closing date or draw, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as irish Association shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Irish Association is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Irish association reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Irish Association’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Irish Association’s sole discretion.
- Irish Association reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Irish Association that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- Irish Association reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- Irish association shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Irish Association reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Irish Association and entrants grant to Irish Association a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Irish Association (or any third party nominated by Irish Association) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data and the caller line identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Irish association and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, Irish Association may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Entrants’ personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus, the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating
reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Irish Association’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Irish association cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Irish Association is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the
Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- Irish Association cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Irish Association . Irish Association will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Irish association shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Irish Association reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Irish Association including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 15 December 2018.